Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fashionably late and fabulously lucky

What a manic day. There came a point in the heat of the afternoon when us girls at the Trib were running all over Victorian Square. As we scattered to the four winds, I watched Krystal take off at a sprint toward the Nugget and I shouldered my bag to follow up on a story that I had written earlier. It was then, in the midst of all that pressure, that I had a brief but poignant moment with my feet.

My editor had warned his all female staff a while back that if we didn’t bring a pair of comfy tennies to work that we might end up regretting it. And there I was, running to an appointment with two-inch spikes strapped to my feet. Oh, I looked amazing, and at the end of the day my feet (surprisingly) don’t hurt. But, heck it is hard to run in those things!

No comments: